Defination : Valuable cargo is consignment which contain one or more of the following articles
· Any shipment having a declared value for carriage of USD 1,000.00 ( or equivalent) or more per gross kilogram ,except in the United Kingdom GBP 450.00 , or more per gross kilogram
· Gold bullion ( including refined and unrefined gold in ingot form) dore bullion , gold specied and gold in the form of grain, sheet, foil, powder, sponge, wire, rod, tube, circles, moldings and castings, platinum, platinum metals (palladium, iridium, ruthenium, osmium and rhodium) and platinum alloys in the form of grain, sponge, bar, ingot, sheet, rod, wire, gauze, tube and strip but excluding those radioactive isotopes of the above metals and alloys which are subject to dangerous goods labeling requirement .
· Legal banknotes, traveler’s cheques, securities ,shares, share coupons and stamps ( excluding mint stamps from United Kingdom) and ready for use bankcards and/or credit cards
· Blank airlines document e.g. MCO’s ticket, etc. sent to airline office at various stations or to general sales agents
· Diamonds , jewelry ( including diamonds for industrial use ) rubies, emeralds, sapphires, opals and real pearls ( including cultured pearls )
· Jewelry and watches made of silver and/or gold and/or platinum
· Articles made of gold and/or platinum, other than gold and/or platinum plated.
Value Limit per shipment
Due to liability limitations, no single shipment having a declared value for carriage in excess of USD 200,000.00 may be accepted for carriage, until receiving acceptance authority from BKKFI, this applies to all carriers AWB.
Condition for Acceptance and Carriage
· All shipment defined according to 1 shall be given special care of handling and security all the way through with each handling point including destination when carriage performed by THAI
· Pre-warning telex messages will be sent if deemed necessary
· For requirement of other airlines and possible security handling charges thereto, refer to TACT Rule , Chapter 8.3
· No shipment defined according to 1 are permitted to proceed unless a booking confirmation has been obtained from all parties where TG is involved in handling and carriage
· Carriage shall be requested and performed preferable on routes operation directly between statin of departure and station of destination.
· For carriage of VAL shipment, THAI requires declared value for carriage and/or insurance to be made on AWB. If the shipment is covered by the outside insurance then the outside insurance company must pledge in writing letter whether per shipment of per period of time to THAI insurance under writer that in and event of loos during transport process they shall not pursue THAI for more than SDR 19.00 per kilogram according to the Montreal Convention 1999.
· The packaging must be sufficiently strong to preclude damage through normal and repeated handling.
· Cardboard carton is not allowed.
· Each package must be sealed or steel-banded before acceptance by THAI
· Each package will be inspected to ensure all securely closed and any seals affixed by the shipper are intact.
· Any consignment which fails to meet these criteria or gives any indication of being tampered with must be refused.
· A Dimension of the package size below 25x25x25 cms. shall be placed in red net sacks for extra protection.
Lebelling and Marking
· Each package must be neutral in appurtenance and identically marked with the full name and address of the consignee.
· For small packages a label showing this information is properly attached.
For more details and enquiries, please contact our cargo sales office in your respective country